Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

AR15 6.5 Grendel

looking for what everyone is using for 6.5 grendel. I have access to any powder avaliable. Using 18" barrel in AR platform, this is going to be my wife's deer gun this year. Actually putting on a large scope on for her, 6.5 X 24, her eyes not good. Have sveral projectiles in 123gr.

Title
    Administrator
    Best to put this in the Rifle reloading section buddy.
    I'll move it there for you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood70 View Post
    looking for what everyone is using for 6.5 grendel. I have access to any powder avaliable. Using 18" barrel in AR platform, this is going to be my wife's deer gun this year. Actually putting on a large scope on for her, 6.5 X 24, her eyes not good. Have sveral projectiles in 123gr.

Title
    Premium Member

AR15 6.5 Grendel

Quote Originally Posted by driftwood70 View Post
    I’ve had great luck with 100gr Barnes TTSX, Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tip, and Hornady 123gr SST. My powders of choice are H335 and RL15. I’ve killed deer and hogs with all three of these bullets, all of them have done well. All of my shooting is within 200yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use the 123 gr H-335 and get good results. I have a 4x16 scope mounted. My bbl is 16" but I shoot it at the 500 yard gong. Like ringing the bell.

Title
    Premium Member
    I cant wait to get mine sighted in i want to push the limit of its range. Paper punching

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    My best days are with 120 nosler and h335. I've had good luck with Tac and XBR also, but all with 120g pills.

It's an awesome round, isn't it...